Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic treat that everyone can love. These are full of the crunchy goodness many of us remember from our gluten eating days and full of chocolatey decadence.
Simple Gluten Free
There’s no need to worry about converting some rice flour and adding some kind of gum to these simple treats. We simply suggest using a gluten-free flour blend like Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Blend.
Be sure to get chocolate chips that are also certified gluten free. We like the ones from Enjoy Life.
Several years ago, I came across an old article that said the best chocolate chip cookies are made with lard. I have always been a fan of real butter in cookies but wanted to give the lard a try. And my goodness it is really tasty in chocolate chip cookies.
If you’re not opposed to eating pork, lard is a great choice in these cookies.
Butter is an amazing choice and will work perfectly in these cookies so don’t feel locked into the lard.
If you’re a fan of nuts in your chocolate chip cookies, add about 1 cup chopped nuts to the batter.
While not necessarily traditional 1 cup raisins added to the batter is also quite nice.
These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies will stay fresh and delicious for about 5 days at room temperature. Keep them in an airtight container.
Freeze the cookies in a bag or container for up to 6 months. Tuck a frozen cookie into a lunch box in the morning and it’ll be thaw by lunch for a great treat.
Tuck these cookies into care packages for a sturdy cookie that can stand up to shipping and will delight the recipient.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. We always appreciate your feedback. You can also save the recipe for later by pinning it or clicking on the heart in the lower right hand corner.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips making sure they're throughout the batter.
- Drop by Tablespoonsful onto prepared baking sheets. Give them 2" of room, these spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8-10 minutes. The edges will turn golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
We cannot guarantee the accuracy of these numbers. Please use them as a guideline only.