Use this easy, homemade golden milk paste to create you own nourishing delicious turmeric milk tea.
Golden milk tea is an ancient beverage used for it’s many health benefits. Keep the paste in the refrigerator to make it for yourself and your family in a hurry.
The Health Benefits of Turmeric – The Spice of Life
While there is no such thing as a miracle spice that can cure you of life’s ailments, a lot of research has been conducted on the benefits of adding turmeric to your diet.
One of the most popular reasons for consuming turmeric as a supplement or part of a regular diet is the belief in its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Chronic inflammation, oxidative stress and most chronic diseases are closely linked, and that antioxidant properties of curcumin [turmeric] can play a key role in the prevention and treatment of chronic inflammation diseases. – Molecules (May 2015)
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. We always appreciate your feedback. You can also save the recipe for later by pinning it or clicking on the heart in the lower right hand corner.
Golden Milk Paste
Make your own turmeric milk tea from a homemade golden milk paste stored in the refrigerator for quick and easy drinking.
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Ground, Dried Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper (more or less to taste)
- 5 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Combine water, turmeric powder, black pepper in a small pot.
- Simmer over medium high heat until thickened. It should be a paste.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the coconut oil until completely mixed.
- Store the cooled paste in a tightly sealed jar in the refrigerator.
To Make Golden Milk Tea:
Add 2 teaspoons golden milk paste to 2 Cups milk (any - cow, almond, etc.). Heat until warm over low heat - do not boil.
Sip slowly and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:2 teaspoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
We try but cannot 100% guarantee this nutrition information.
Bonus Golden Milk Recipe
If you’d like to add a bit more zing to your mug, try adding ginger root and honey! This is my favorite recipe to use during cold and flu season. The ginger soothes indigestion and upset stomach.
Remember your mom giving you ginger ale when you weren’t feeling well? That’s why! Honey coats the throat from irritation and soothes soreness you may be experiencing if you’ve been coughing.
Make a paste as instructed above. Again, leave out 1 tsp. of paste for each serving of tea you plan to prepare.
- In a medium-sized pot, whisk together 2 cups of coconut milk and 1 tiny piece of ginger root (or a pinch of ginger powder) for every 1 teaspoon of paste.
- Slowly warm mixture over medium/low heat. Do not boil! Continue heating until you start to see steam rising from the pot.
- Remove from heat. If you used ginger root, you may wish to strain.
- Slowly stir in 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 pinch of cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of honey per serving.