Gluten free sour cream cookies are a soft and fluffy cookie that are perfect for holiday trays and weekday desserts. These are flavorful and simple with ample opportunities to spruce up for most every occasion. I will share with you this recipe I found on cook.me.
Simple yet Delightful
Keep these cookies simple by using a gluten-free flour blend. We like Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 blend here at Rootsy but use your favorite.
There’s nothing fancy to these cookies. Rather they are made of simple ingredients that shine through. Because these are a simple cookie use the best quality butter and sour cream available.
Change Up the Basic Cookie
If these cookies feel a bit too plain, there are ways to change it up:
- Add 1 Cup of chopped nuts
- Toss in 1 Cup of raisins or other chopped dried fruit
- Add 1/2 cup of poppy seeds
- Add 1 teaspoon (more or less to taste) of dried ground spice like cinnamon or ginger
Ways to Decorate Gluten Free Sour Cream Cookies
These are a very basic white cookie in appearance. There are several ways to decorate them for visual appeal as well as added flavor:
- Spread a bit of melted chocolate on top.
- Frost the cookies with any flavor frosting as desired.
- Pour a little vanilla glaze over top and add sprinkles for color.
These are a moist and fluffy cookie that will last about 4 days if kept in an airtight container at room temperature. After that, they tend to get a little crumbly.
Gluten free sour cream cookies feeze beautifully. Simply put extra cookies in airtight containers or bags and freeze. Use the frozen cookies up within 6 months for best flavor.
These cookies will be firm when frozen but not ice cube hard. We found they’re quite delightful to eat straight from the freezer. They might also make good ice cream sandwiches because of this quality.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. We always appreciate your feedback. You can also save the recipe for later by pinning it or clicking on the heart in the lower right hand corner.
- 1 Cup Salted Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Cups Gluten Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cups Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the sour cream and mix well.
- Slowly stir in the flour mixture until everything is incorporated.
- Drop by Tablespoonsful onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Edges will turn golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
We cannout guarantee the accuracy of these numbers. Please use them as a guideline only.