Gluten free sour cream cookies are a soft and fluffy cookie that is perfect for holiday trays and weekday desserts. These are flavorful and simple with ample opportunities to spruce up for most every occasion.
Simple yet Delightful
Keep these cookies simple by using a gluten-free flour blend. We like Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 blend here at Rootsy but use your favorite.
There’s nothing fancy to these cookies. Rather they are made of simple ingredients that shine through. Because these are a simple cookie use the best quality butter and sour cream available.
Change Up the Basic Cookie
If these cookies feel a bit too plain, there are ways to change it up:
- Add 1 Cup of chopped nuts
- Toss in 1 Cup of raisins or other chopped dried fruit
- Add 1/2 cup of poppy seeds
- Add 1 teaspoon (more or less to taste) of dried ground spice like cinnamon or ginger
Ways to Decorate Gluten Free Sour Cream Cookies
These are a very basic white cookie in appearance. There are several ways to decorate them for visual appeal as well as added flavor:
- Spread a bit of melted chocolate on top.
- Frost the cookies with any flavor frosting as desired.
- Pour a little vanilla glaze over top and add sprinkles for color.
These are a moist and fluffy cookie that will last about 4 days if kept in an airtight container at room temperature. After that, they tend to get a little crumbly.
Gluten free sour cream cookies feeze beautifully. Simply put extra cookies in airtight containers or bags and freeze. Use the frozen cookies up within 6 months for best flavor.
These cookies will be firm when frozen but not ice cube hard. We found they’re quite delightful to eat straight from the freezer. They might also make good ice cream sandwhiches because of this quality.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 64mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 6g Protein: 1g
Latest posts by Kathie Lapcevic (see all)
- Canning Apple Pie Filling - October 14, 2019
- Creative Cookie Packaging for Delicious Gift Giving - September 29, 2019
- Eating Seasonally in Fall - September 7, 2019