Make the most of juicy berries by whipping up these quick and easy fresh strawberry muffins for breakfast and snack time.
Strawberry season is a glorious time of year. They’re great dipped in chocolate or served on shortcake. Fresh strawberry muffins are a great way to enjoy them for breakfast too.
Quick & Easy
These muffins come together quickly. They can easily be made in the morning before breakfast or after a long day for a grab and go meal the next day. There’s no need to soften butter or pull out a heavy mixer.
Enjoy fresh strawberry muffins in few days after they’re made for delicious meals or snacks. Alternatively, make double or even triple batches and freeze for later. Simply pack them in containers or bags and freeze until needed.
Strawberries are particularly delightful in these tender muffins but any berry would do. Smaller berries like blueberries can be used whole. Raspberries, blackberries, serviceberries, and more would be tasty and easy.
Options to Customize
Fresh strawberry muffins are delicious when baked up simply. However, there are some ways to switch it up as desired:
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips to the batter before baking
- Add 2 Tablespoons of lemon zest to the batter for a citrus flair
- Drizzle the baked and cooled muffins with melted chocolate
- Top the muffins with some cream cheese frosting
- Add a crumble topping before baking
Latest posts by Kathie Lapcevic (see all)
- 35 Holiday Cookie Recipes for Everyone on Your List - November 19, 2018
- Eating Seasonally in October - October 8, 2018
- How to Make Pumpkin Puree from Scratch - September 17, 2018