Make the most of summer’s most amazing delights with these fresh fruit cookies. Use any fresh fruit you have on hand and prefer in this super simple recipe.
These also happen to be vinegar cookies. And while it might seem strange, the vinegar helps give the cookies a lightness that can’t be denied and no they will not be some kind of weird pickled cookie taste.
If you happened to make some kind of fruit infused vinegar, this is an ideal place to use it. It will add a deeper fruit flavor to the cookie.
If you don’t have any fruit infused vinegar on hand, any plain vinegar will also work – apple cider, balsamic – truly anything, just use what’s in the pantry.
Quick & Easy
Because these cookies use oil instead of softened butter, they can come together quickly and easily. They’re ideal for a simple dessert when a sweet treat is needed and there’s nothing else around.
Any Fresh Fruit
Truly, any fresh fruit will work in this recipe. Match the fruit to the infused vinegar if you can. Or choose complimentary flavors – use a strawberry infused vinegar with fresh blueberries, for example.
The cookies are amazing are on their own just as the recipe as written. However, if you want to switch it up consider adding:
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of dried, ground spice
- 1/2 Cup chopped nuts
- Up to 1 Cup chocolate chips
Top, if Desired
These are a soft cookie making them ideal for a little frosting or glaze if desired. Spread them with a vanilla or chocolate frosting or simply drizzle with a little melted chocolate.
Make a double batch and freeze extras for later. Simply place cooked and completely cooled cookies in an airtight container and freeze. Use the cookies up within 6 months.
These cookies make for great and quick gifts. Simply put them in a bag or basket and share. Package them into a gift basket with a jar of the fruit infused vinegar and the recipe for friends to make on their own later.
- 2 Cups Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, vinegar, and egg until completely emulsified.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until almost combined.
- Fold in the chopped fruit and mix completely.
- Drop by Tablespoons full onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
We try but cannot guarantee these nutrition results.