Flourless peanut butter cookies are the perfect quick and easy sweet treat. They might not be low-carb cookies without gluten but are equally tasty. These require no softening of butter and make use of common pantry ingredients for a delicious dessert.
The Simplest Ingredients
Sugar, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract that’s all that is needed for a quick dessert. Do use the best quality of each for amazing flavor.
Becuase there is so very much sugar in the recipe as written, use an unsweetened peanut butter here.
If use you an unsalted peanut butter, you may want to add 1/4 teaspoon salt to flavor the cookies just slightly.
Subsitute most any nut or seed butter to make the cookies suitable for food allergies.
Gluten-Free Without Trying
As there is no flour at all in these cookies, they are perfect to give to gluten-free friends and family. While also skipping gluten-free flours or baking needs.
They also make great treats for potlucks where food senstivities might be an issue (substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter to avoid peanuts, too).
These flourless peanut butter cookies are quite amazing just as written. However a person could do a few things to customize and make them even more decadant:
- Drizzle the tops of the cooled cookies with melted chocolate.
- After pressing the raw dough with the fork, top each cookie with a few chocolate chips before baking.
- Sprinkle the tops of the raw dough with finely chopped nuts before baking.
- Make small cookies and sandwich some chocolate frosting or melted chocolate between two cookies.
These cookies will stay fresh and tasty for about 5 days at room temperature. For longer storage, put them in bags or other airtight containers and freeze for up to 6 months.
Tried this recipe? Please leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page. We always appreciate your feedback. You can also save the recipe for later by pinning it or clicking on the heart in the lower right hand corner.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons full onto prepared baking sheets.
- Press the dough flat with the tines of fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
We cannont guarantee the accuracy of these numbers, please use them as a guideline only.