Even careful gardeners know that unwanted weeds will creep into their garden. It can be a challenge to control them in an environmentally safe way. How do you control weeds in the garden? This month The Rootsy Community comes together to bring their best ideas to the table. We call it CSA, Community Supported Answers! Leave your comments in the post.
Every area of the country has its share of noxious weeds. Those pesky plants that are so hard to eradicate that you might be considering chemical herbicides to get rid of them. In my neck of the woods, its an invasive grass called Johnsongrass, a fast-growing perennial that can grow up to 7 feet tall. This grass is able to spread easily by a system of rhizomes which are horizontal underground roots and are almost impossible to keep out of garden beds. Control is accomplished by tilling strategies and agricultural grazing.
Here’s the topic of the month:
What are your tried and true ways to control weeds in the garden?
What about you? We know how awesome The Rootsy Community is! Give us your answer to this month’s Community Supported Answer (CSA) and tell us your success stories about how you control weeds in your garden.
Leave your comments below. We’ll take the answers you leave us and compile them into an article in this very spot! We know Rootsy readers are generous and want to share their knowledge so everyone can benefit from the experience and wisdom they have gained!
The rules of Rootsy Responds:
- We reserve the right to edit comments for content and usefulness.
- No political or religious discussion is allowed.
- Offer only supportive words. Let’s follow grandma’s advice: if we don’t have anything nice to say we don’t say it at all.
- Keep the language friendly. Let’s avoid cussing.
- Photographs, links, and anything shared within this group should also be kid-friendly
- Bloggers are welcome to share post links as long as they are on topic. Off-topic posts will not be approved.
Stay tuned, at month end we will consolidate your ideas into a comprehensive post compiled from all your best ideas. We can’t wait to see what knowledge you share with the community!
Latest posts by Shelle Wells (see all)
- Meal Prep Hacks Help You Spend Less Time in the Kitchen - October 29, 2018
- 17 Easy Side Dishes for the Holidays and Beyond - October 22, 2018
- 10 Best Garden Tools for Home Gardeners - July 30, 2018