Holiday baking season is upon us. While everyone has favorite cookie baking traditions, new recipes are always fun too. Cookies offer us a great to make small batches of numerous flavors so that everyone gets something they truly enjoy. Get your baking and gift giving needs accomplished with these 35 holiday cookie recipes for everyone on your list.
No matter the season, chocolate is always a favorite.
- Chocolate and mint is always a delicious combination, especially in December
- These hot chocolate cookies are even topped with marshmallows!
- They can be made gluten-free and dark chocolate
- Triple the chocolate because gifts should be extravagant
- Who said, grain and dairy-free can’t be full of rich truffle flavor?
The sweet, crunchy flakes of coconut are warming and the favorite flavor of many.
- Keep it gluten-free and refined sugar-free with these maple macaroons
- Toasted coconut meltaway cookies are beautiful and tasty
- Remind even those stuck in blizzards of the tropics in cookie form
- Combine coconut with chocolate and peanut butter for a grain-free and vegan cookie
- They can be cut into shapes too without chilling first
For the coffee lover, these cookies are the ideal combination of sweet and bitter.
- Flavor the cookies with coffee while also making them look like coffee beans
- Load them up with chocolate covered espresso beans
- Rich and buttery shortbread combined with espresso and dark chocolate is sure to please
- Sandwich crispy mocha cookies around caramel filling for a caramel latte inspired dessert
- Crinkly and rolled in sugar, coffee cookies are beautiful for an after dinner treat
Hearty and filling, oatmeal cookies ship well and pack into lunch boxes easily too.
- Make the cookies crunchy by using granola instead of plain oats
- In a hurry? No-bake oatmeal cookies are tasty and fast
- Load them up with honey, seeds, and chocolate chips
- Keep it gluten-free and loaded with sunflower seeds and white chocolate chips
- Have them wafer thin and coated in chocolate with tea
Peanut Butter Cookies
Protein packed and adored by kids and adults alike, peanut butter cookies are favored by many.
- Peanut butter and jelly always go together well and is another way to give homemade jam
- Is there ever a bad time for peanut butter combined with chocolate?
- Crunchy and easy can definitely be part of the holiday celebrations
- Sometimes the old-fashioned version is what the soul needs
- Peanut butter blossoms are always a hit
December is a month of strong spices both for flavor and warmth. These cookies provide both in tasty and giveable packages.
- Stack these traditional danish cinnamon cookies to form a cookie tree
- Pfeffernusse are thick cookies loaded with spice for the person who can never have enough
- Give the chai tea fanatic their favorite flavors in a tangy, crunchy cookie
- Crispy and spicy, gingersnaps are a favorite holiday cookie
- Snickerdoodles seem to bring out the kid in everyone
The basic sugar cookie seems to be made more during the holiday season than any other time of year. Consider these traditional and modern ideas:
- Follow a vintage tradition and use powdered sugar in the cookie batter
- Perfect for the hippies in your life, tie dye cookies are vibrant treats
- Drop sugar cookies are not only possible, but they can also be gluten-free
- The holidays are busy but the cookies can be simple
- Sugar cookies come in chocolate too, you know.
What are your favorite holiday cookie recipes?
Latest posts by Kathie Lapcevic (see all)
- 35 Holiday Cookie Recipes for Everyone on Your List - November 19, 2018
- Eating Seasonally in October - October 8, 2018
- How to Make Pumpkin Puree from Scratch - September 17, 2018